Miami, FL 33134
Stephanie Demos, one of the firm's founding partners, is an AV® Preeminent rated lawyer with nearly twenty years of trial experience. She specializes in commercial litigation, professional malpractice defense, products liability, construction defect, toxic tort, premises liability, personal injury, wrongful death, and estate litigation.
Stephanie began her career as a prosecutor in the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office and has represented a broad range of clients from multi-national corporations, to small family businesses and individuals.
Stephanie is passionate about charitable and pro bono work for children. She is a longtime board member of Kristi House, a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing child sexual abuse. And she has won awards for her pro bono work representing at-risk children in Florida courts.
Stephanie is a skilled jury trial lawyer who has argued before trial and appellate courts in Florida and has appeared on Court TV.
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Bar Association
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- League of Prosecutors (founding member)
- Kristi House Board of Directors
- Zoetic Stage (non-profit theatre) founding member, Board President
- Represented party in multi-million dollar litigation arising out of Southeast Bank break up.
- Created precedent-setting legal malpractice law in the successful defense of a Florida real estate lawyer.
- Defended condominium owner in case alleging complex neurological impairments due to exposure to indoor, airborne mold.
- 1994, J.D., St. Thomas University School of Law (with honors)
- 1991, B.A., University of Florida
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Southern District of Florida
Awards & Distinctions
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers
- John Edward Smith Child Advocacy Award